English language training is one of the most requested services that we provide. Our students are paired with one of our specialized English Instructors, each having professionally taught English and undergone TESOL, TEFL or an appropriately matched certification. Training is recognized as either being EFL or ESL focused:
- EFL — English as a Foreign Language: EFL programs are designed for non-native English speakers who have already learned more than one foreign language prior to their English language course
- ESL — English as a Second Language: ESL programs, alternatively, are designed for non-native English speakers looking to learn English as their second language.
It is not unusual for our students to come to us with two or three foreign languages under their belt before they start learning English, therefore we refer to our English Programs as EFL for English as a Foreign Language. Each student undergoes a written and verbal assessment to understand the background of each of our students before training begins. In fact, this assessment qualifies certain instructors to train each specific student based off of needs and personal/professional goals. Families, spouse/partner and child/children, are given as much attention with their EFL training.
When we ask a family to uproot themselves and move to another country, there can be nothing more disruptive than when a spouse is left isolated by not being able to effectively communicate. That added stress envelops a family and will eventually find its way to the work place. It is so critical to make sure that no part of the family dynamic is forgotten in an Expat move.
These courses are tailored to each student when participating in a private class with additional curriculum based courses for small and large groups. Topics that our EFL and ESL program covers include:
- Emergent Level (no previous English knowledge)
- Grammar and Vocabulary Focused
- Business communication programs
- Written / E-mail / Presentation focus